Let’s face it, for most of your life your penis has had a mind of its own. How many times has it chosen the most inopportune moment to stand at attention? And now that you are older, it has become obstinate. Once again it is uncooperative, but now it refuses to rise to the occasion.
Sexual response is complicated. It is dependent on a combination of physical and emotional factors that either work together or work against your desires. If you find yourself having difficulty obtaining and maintaining an erection, the first thing you need to do is get your mind straight. If you let your fears get in the way, you’ll set up a trigger that will shoot you down–literally.
You’re not 18 anymore. Face it. It’s a fact. Your manhood is not at risk. Neither is your relationship. If you rely on one part of your anatomy to please your partner, you have bigger problems to solve. Know that you can please your partner with or without an erection. Once you put this problem into perspective and not let it get in the way of intimacy, half the battle is won.
So what are the physical causes of erectile dysfunction? There are many, but most of them come down to blood flow. If you are doing anything to your body to inhibit blood flow and healthy circulation, you need to stop. The first question is whether or not you smoke.
Over time, smoking constricts blood vessels. Blood flow is essential to erections. If you smoke, drink excessively, or take drugs, you need to decide which is more important to you. It’s that simple. It doesn’t matter if these are habits you’ve indulged in all your life. You knew they were bad for you, and they have taken their toll on your vascular health.
If your vessels are clogged with cholesterol and plaque, your prostrate is swollen, you are obese, you have diabetes, high blood pressure, or you are popping a dozen prescribed pills, it is not too late to turn it all around and regain your health.
Step One – a Healthy Diet
A truly healthy diet is the foundation to eliminate any disease or dysfunction. The basis of a truly healthy diet is produce. A full 80% of your diet should consist of fresh, raw, organic produce–more vegetables than fruit. Stop eating processed foods. Don’t eat anything with artificial flavors, colorings, or preservatives. No MSG, no high fructose corn syrup, GMOs, trans fats, or chemicals you can’t identify. If you eat real food–not food from a box or can–this is pretty easy. You need to eat a wide variety of nutrient dense foods, healthy omega 3 fats, and protein. If you eat meat, eat organic meat. Conventional meat is filled with hormones and antibiotics, plus the animals were probably raised on GMO feed. While you’re at it, eliminate sugar and caffeine.
This diet will eliminate nearly every disease, including type II diabetes. Your blood sugar will level out and your organs, immune system, and circulatory system will receive the nutrients they need to revitalize and heal. See link below for more information on a healthy diet.
Dietary additions that can help your circulation and vessel health:
- Garlic – Fresh garlic is good for you in every way.
- Turmeric- The curcumin in turmeric has many benefits and helps with circulation.
- Cayenne – This pepper is the best for the circulatory system.
- Goldenseal – Orangeroot (another name for goldenseal) helps detoxify the blood.
- Omega 3s – Oily fish, flax seed oil, fish oil, or blended oils with Omega 3s create better circulation and less inflammation.
Step Two – Detox and Eliminate Candida
If you’ve been eating the typical American diet and taking antibiotics, you gut is totally out of balance and your body is filled with toxins. Cleanse your body so it can focus on healing. To learn how to detox and kill Candida, see the further reading section below.
Step Three – Balance Your Hormones and Take Supplements To Help Your Body Heal
Supplements Proven to Help Erectile Dysfunction
- Panax ginseng, called “herbal viagra.” 600-100 mg 3 x a day
- Rhodiola rosea, take 150-200 mg a day
- DHEA is an natural hormone produced by the adrenals–helps to make testosterone
- L-arginine is an amino acid that helps relax blood vessels
- B vitamin complex for healthy nerves and blood vessels
- Take Magnesium with calcium or soak in epsom salts for 40 minutes)
- Maca Root restores sexual health without raising hormone levels
- Saw palmetto berry treats enlarged prostate symptoms, like pain and irritation, and stimulates male hormones, libido, and fertility
- Damiana leaf contains aphrodisiac properties and improves the sex drive
- Yohimbe bark has been used to treat erectile dysfunction
- Siberian ginseng root revitalizes the adrenals, where hormones are produced
- Garlic promotes a healthy circulatory system
- Brazilian ginseng root and American ginseng increase energy and enhance endurance
- Sarsaparilla root gives the body an elevated dose of testosterone
- Ginger root increases circulation in the body
- Korean ginseng and Chinese ginseng warm the body and help deal with stress
- Kola nut kills prostate cancer cells
Shillington’s Male Energy Formula Recipe:
This is an amazing formula for balancing men’s hormones. You can make it here or purchase Shillington’s Male Energy Formula on Green Lifestyle Market.
- 2 parts American White Ginseng
- 2 parts Korean Ginseng
- 2 parts Chinese Ginseng
- 3 parts Yohimbe Bark
- 3 parts Damiana Turneria Aphrodisiaca
- 3 parts Siberian Ginseng
- 2 parts Sarsaparilla Root
- 1 part Saw Palmetto Berry
- 1 part Oat Seed (Green Immature)
- 1 part Kola Nut
- 1 part Ginger Root
Parts are by volume. Blend all ingredients together and make into a tincture using a 50 – 50 Blend of Alcohol and distilled water. For more, see How to Make a Tincture.
Combine this formula with Shillington’s Prostate Formula for prostate health, sexual performance, hair regrowth, more energy, healthy adrenals, better workouts and muscle growth and recovery, and many other male-related hormonal issues.
Unfortunately, we don’t have Shillington’s Prostate Formula recipe.
Step Four – Exercise
No, we can’t leave out exercise. You need to get your circulatory and your lymphatic systems moving, and there is no better way than exercise. You can walk, do yoga, or go to a gym. Just get moving. It would also help to do hot and cold hydrotherapy right on the crotch (see further reading).
The most important element to regaining sexual function is to know that there are many steps you can take to regain your health. In the meantime, as you are working towards your goal of a healthy revitalized body, you can still enjoy intimacy. Old dogs do learn new tricks, you know. Play and have fun. Just letting go of performance fear can do wonders.
- Shillington’s Male Energy Formula
- Shillington’s Prostate Formula
- Shillington’s Blood Detox
- Maca Root Capsules Gaia Herbs -or-
- Maca Root Powder- Wise Woman Herbals
- Magnesium Complex Liquid
- 80% Raw Food Diet
- Detox Diet Plan
- Cheap and Easy Detox – The One Gallon Challenge
- How to Kill Candida and Balance Your Inner Ecosystem
- Hot & Cold Hydrotherapy
- Erectile Dysfunction – Mayo Clinic
- 5 Natural Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction – Healthline
- Maca Restores Sexual Health without Raising Hormone Levels – NaturalNews.com